It is both a part of business and computer technology, so IT offers many job opportunities. This is why it is important to understand what they are before you tackle the question of IT professional qualifications. These are the two most popular career options in Information Technology.
- We have Computer Support Specialists on the one hand. They assist in all aspects of IT operations, including developers, administrators, analysts, end-users, and others. We can also include Help Desk technicians, who assist people with computer problems.
- We also have System Administrators. Administrators are responsible to maintain, configure, and ensure reliable operation of computers, especially multi-user machines, as well as servers. Administrators ensure that computers are up-to-date, perform well, and provide security.
These are the two broad career paths you have to choose from when choosing information technology credentials. Here’s a quick overview of what these credentials mean and how they can be used.
MyComputerCareer is a great resource for anyone who wants to pursue a career as an Information Technology professional.
Microsoft IT Career Certifications
These certifications are required for Network Administration, Server Administration and Identity and Access Management positions. Security Administration, Desktop Deployment and Desktop Support are also available.
- Microsoft Technology Associate-IT Infrastructure This certification covers fundamentals of Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), Operating Systems, Networking, and Security.
- Microsoft Certified Professional – This certification further validates an IT professional’s technical knowledge through multiple examinations.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate Windows Server 2012: This certification validates your knowledge of Windows Server 2012. These certifications are necessary to lower IT costs and provide more business value.
CISCO IT Career Certificates
The Cisco Certifications make you a Network Administrator, Network Engineer, or Network Specialist.
- Cisco Certified Entry Network Tech (CCENT): This certification allows you to manage small branch networks, provide entry-level support and introduce to more complicated networking.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate: This certification allows you to set up, manage, and troubleshoot network systems, as well as mitigate security threats. This course also introduces wireless networking.
LINUX IT Career Certification
- Linux Essentials – Linux Professional Institute : This certification gives an introduction to open source servers and enhances the skills needed to manage them.
EC-Council Certification Training
Certified ethical hackers are professionals who can hack into networks and computer systems to find and fix security flaws.
- Certified Ethical hacker: This credential will allow you to identify network vulnerabilities using the same tools, knowledge, and methods as a hacker.
CompTIA IT Career Certification Training
The CompTIA Certificates will help you qualify for various positions like IT Technical Support Specialists, Field Service Technicians, IT Support Administrators, IT Support Technicians, Network Technicians, Network Administrators, Help Desk Technicians, IT Security Specialists, and so on.
- CompTIA: This certification is for PC, tablet, and mobile device maintenance. It is required by Dell, Intel and Lenovo service techs.
- CompTIA Network+ is a prerequisite for all Apple Consultants Network IT technicians, as well for all network techs at HP and Dell. It covers network configuration, management, security, and installation.
- CompTIASER+: This certification is for IBM, Xerox and Intel server technicians. It covers storage and system hardware as well as best practices.
- CompTIA Security+: This certification covers access management, identity management, cryptography and other foundation principles to secure a network and manage risk.
These credentials will show that you have knowledge and experience in the fields. Employers and clients will see that you are qualified for the job. If you are interested in a career as an Information Technology professional,