Organizations in all industries and sectors are increasingly concerned about cybersecurity. Cybersecurity is a growing problem in the I.T. Cybersecurity is the most desired job in the I.T. industry. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that the Information Security industry will grow 31% by 2029. This is significantly faster than the average.
According to MIT Technology Review, there will be 3.5 million jobs in cybersecurity. CompTIA Security+ certification is a great choice for those who want to start a career as a cybersecurity professional in an industry that is in desperate need of skilled professionals.
CompTIA’s Certification Program
CompTIA’s vendor-neutral certification is among the most recognized in I.T. industry. CompTIA has issued over two million certifications since 1993, when it created its first credential . Based on the skills, certifications can be grouped. The CompTIA certifications are currently divided into four categories:
- Core Certifications CompTIA’s core certifications are designed to help you build foundational skills.
- IT Fundamentals+ is a pre-career certification that focuses on I.T. Foundation framework.
- CompTIA: It focuses on user support, device connectivity, and user support.
- CompTIA Network+ – It targets endpoint devices and core system connections.
- CompTIA security+ focuses on entry-level cybersecurity skills.
- Certificates of Infrastructure – These certifications are designed to be used in conjunction with the Network+ credential.
- CompTIA server+: It addresses issues related to administration and server support.
- CompTIA Web+: This course covers virtual system administration, network storage resource deployment, and hybrid cloud.
- CompTIA Linux+ focuses on Linux operating system administration and management.
- Cybersecurity Certifications CompTIA offers three major cybersecurity credentials. These credentials include:
- CompTIA CySA+ is an acronym for Cyber Security Analyst that targets I.T. Security behavioral analysts.
- CASP+ is the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner. It focuses on professionals who are looking to implement security solutions.
- CompTIA penTest+ is a Penetration test and targets cybersecurity professionals who want to conduct regular vulnerability or penetration testing.
- Additional Certificates – There are many other credentials that do not fit in any of the CompTIA categories, such as the CompTIA Project+ and CompTIA CTT+.
What is CompTIA Security+ Certification?
The CompTIA security+ certification validates the core skills required to secure information technology careers. Security+ certification focuses on practical skills and hands-on experience that will ensure security professionals are prepared to tackle a wider range of problems.
It is the first I.T. security certification. It is the first security certification I.T. professionals should obtain. This certificate enables them to establish the essential knowledge required for any cybersecurity role and provides a platform for intermediate-level jobs in cybersecurity. This certificate will equip cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge and skills to deal with security incidents.
CompTIA Security+ certification is internationally recognized and demonstrates the basic skills required to pursue a career in I.T. security industry. This certificate can be used to verify skills in the following areas, based on exam objectives:
- Threats, attacks, and vulnerabilities – Knowing how to detect and test for vulnerability and penetration testing.
- Tools and Technologies: Developing and troubleshooting network issues and supporting operational and information security technology.
- Design and architecture – Understanding how to implement cloud computing.
- Identity management and access management – Access control, management control, identity management, access service management and access control.
- Installation and configuration of settings for wireless security, and the implementation of public key infrastructure (PKI) –
- Risk Management- Understanding data security best practices, and their business impact.
CompTIA Security+ certification is not required. CompTIA recommends that you have at least two years experience in I.T. Administration with a security emphasis. Completing core certifications like the CompTIA A+ and Fundamental+ is also helpful.
Benefits of CompTIA security+
This certificate is perfect for security professionals new to I.T. This certificate is ideal for security professionals who are new to I.T. or have never received another security certification. This certification is also helpful for applicants who are interested in switching to cybersecurity from another industry. This certification is recommended as the first one to be obtained. It provides basic skills that are required for any job in cybersecurity, and can be used to help you reach an intermediate-level position in cybersecurity.
CompTIA Security+ certification is a great way to get a job in high demand, and also earn a decent salary. These job roles include security analyst, security analyst, network administrator and security architect. auditor. Although a certificate does not necessarily guarantee employment in these jobs, it can be an advantage to have one.
The Security+ certification is the foundational certificate in the CompTIA Security Career Pathway. It includes seven security certifications that will help cybersecurity professionals to develop the skills they need to further their careers. CompTIA offers Project+, which is a project management, business analyst, and project team member certification.
CompTIA Security+ also offers additional benefits:
- High Demand – Corporations and defense organizations are seeking this certification to verify their security skills and meet the DoD8570 compliance.
- Validation – Security+ certificates validate the practical skills of each candidate. This ensures that security professionals can problem-solve a greater range of complex security-related problems.
- Additional skills – Due to the increasing number of cyberattacks, cybersecurity skills can now be applied across a wider range of job roles than just cybersecurity.
This certificate will guarantee high performance in the job. It covers the most important technical skills in risk assessment and assessment, forensics and incident response, cloud operations and security controls.
The certification training will be sufficient to allow the candidate to keep it valid for three years.
CompTIA has a Continuing Educational Program that can help candidates renew certs by gathering CEUs (Continuing Education Units) and performing IT-related activities.