Cybersecurity jobs are among the most in-demand in the IT industry. Despite the high demand for the profession, many businesses, nonprofits, universities, and organizations are still having difficulty filling open positions in the cybersecurity field. This is one of the reasons why many people considering a new career in information technology are drawn to cybersecurity.
If you want to start or advance your career in this dynamic and growing field, you should look into getting the appropriate certification. Having recognized and esteemed certificates on your resume can help you open many doors and begin to form your new career. A small investment in IT can go a long way toward expanding your resume and career options. When it comes to a lucrative career path, becoming a Microsoft certified professional by completing Microsoft certification training is a good place to start. In this article, we will look at certification training to obtain a Microsoft Technology Security Certificate.
MTA (Microsoft Technology Associate Security) Certification
The Microsoft Technology Associate Security (MTA) Certification is one of the MTA examinations offered by Microsoft. These exams are designed to provide candidates with the development fundamentals, knowledge, credibility, and confidence needed to adjust to the tech world while also providing certification that validates specific skill sets. The MTA Security Fundamentals certification is used to demonstrate a candidate’s proficiency in both system and network security. While some MTA courses and certifications require prior work experience, the MTA Security Fundamentals certification is an entry-level MTA certification training that does not.
Why is the MTA Security Certification a Good Option?
The systems we rely on in our daily lives are becoming increasingly interconnected. Organizations and businesses want to seamlessly collaborate with partners, customers, and each other. We can do this quickly and easily thanks to modern technology. In fact, as technology advances, we have access to a greater number of devices that allow us to store, transfer, and process data whenever we need it. While the ability to connect devices and systems greatly simplifies our lives, it also opens the door to security threats. If our systems and devices are not properly secured, sensitive and valuable information will be compromised. People and organizations want to ensure that their data is secure, unaltered, and only accessible to a select few.
The MTA Security Fundamentals certification will set you on the path to becoming a Microsoft Technology Associate who is prepared to deal with these issues. The Microsoft Associate Security certification is designed to cover security-related topics. While the topic of IT security is vast and complicated, the MTA certification simplifies things and allows you to grasp the fundamentals. The following are the objectives of the MTA Security Fundamentals Exam:
- Layers of protection (25-30 percent )
- The safety of the operating system (35-40 percent )
- Network security (20-25 percent )
- Security software (15-20 percent )
What Candidates Can Expect From the Exam – Specifics
Having a good idea of what the MTA examination looks like will help you mentally prepare for it when the time comes. Here are some important exam details to remember.
- Number of Questions – It’s difficult to say how many questions MTA exams can have because Microsoft doesn’t publish that information. The number of questions on the exam can vary from exam to exam. Candidates can expect between 30 and 60 questions on the exam.
Question Types – When it comes to MTA exams, the question format is multiple choice.
- Passing Score – The MTA exam requires a passing score of 70. It is critical to note that this does not imply that candidates must correctly answer 70% of the questions in order to pass. The percentage of correct answers varies from exam to exam and can be more or less than 70% depending on the exam.
- Points – The advantage of the MTA exams is that there are no deductions for incorrect answers. This means that candidates are free to guess in situations where they are unsure and will not lose any points if they get the wrong answer. One thing to keep in mind is the number of correct answers in a question. Questions with multiple answers will specify the number of answers available, and candidates must select the exact number specified if they want to receive the points.
- Time Limit – The time allotted to the examination varies from testing centre to testing centre. Certain centres give candidates 50 minutes, while others give them 80 minutes.
Possibilities for Employment With the MTA Security Fundamentals Certification
The entry-level MTA certifications, such as the Security Fundamentals, are ideal for laying the groundwork for an IT career. Certified professionals can go on to become:
- Database Administrator IT Security Specialist
- Helpdesk Technician
- Mobile Application Developer
- Network Architect
- IT Project Manager
- Network Administrator
- Software Engineer
- Systems Analyst
- Designer of video games
What is the earning potential of MTA Security Professionals?
Individuals with only an MTA Security Certificate can expect to earn an annual salary of $56,000. This is a stepping stone to a lucrative career. Candidates who invest the time to complete the appropriate course and certification training stand to significantly increase their earning potential.
Many people regard Microsoft certifications as valuable assets in the IT industry. This is one of the reasons why both beginners and professionals seek out Microsoft certifications. When it comes to the MTA Security Fundamentals, certification can increase candidates’ job opportunities, advancement opportunities, and even earning potential. This is what makes them valuable assets for professionals looking to advance their careers in information technology.
When it comes to changing careers and trying your luck in the IT industry, it is best to work on yourself first. The best way to accomplish this is to enroll in the best certification classes and obtain the necessary technical training to pass the certification exam. Candidates interested in a career in cybersecurity should strongly consider the MTA Security fundamentals certification.