Many people feel unhappy with their careers and want more. They recognize that their time is more valuable and want to make their lives more fulfilling and fruitful. IT careers offer many benefits, including financial stability and exciting work. These changes are possible and do not need to be drastic. People can start by passing a few exams and getting the correct certifications. CompTIA A+ certification is one of the most sought-after certifications. The perfect way to get into the IT industry is to obtain a CompTIA+ certificate. This article will discuss how to pass CompTIA 1002A+ exam.
What’s CompTIA A+ Certification?
CompTIA (Computing Technology Industry Association), is one of the most respected trade associations in the IT industry. It provides professional certifications for entry-level positions in the information technology sector. CompTIA A+ is one of the most popular and sought-after certifications. Many businesses consider this certificate a prerequisite for those looking to fill IT jobs. Many businesses consider the A+ certificate a prerequisite for anyone looking to start a new career as an IT professional. It covers a wide range of topics including software, hardware and security.
Candidates will gain a solid foundation to help them start their IT careers. Due to the amount of information that the CompTIA exam aims to cover, it has been broken down into two exams. CompTIA 220 1001 (also known by the Core 1 exam) and CompTIA 220 1002 A+ exams (also known under the Core 2 exam) are the two examinations. In a previous blog we covered the Core 1 exam. Now, we will be looking at the CompTIA Core 2 examination.
Take a look at the CompTIA 1002A+ Certification Exam
CompTIA A+ 220 1002 core series edition replaced the 902 version. The CompTIA A+ 220 1002 core series version was released January 15, 2019. It aims to provide all the necessary information to help candidates become IT technicians. CompTIA A+ 2201002 exam aims to assess candidates’ knowledge in the following areas:
- Operating Systems (27%)
- Security expanded (24%)
- Software Troubleshooting (26%)
- Operational procedures (23%)
CompTIA 1002 A+ Exam Details
Although the CompTIA Core 1 and Core 2 exams may look similar, it is important that you understand their differences. The Core 2 exam is a bit different.
- Experience (Recommended). While the examination can be taken at any time, it’s recommended that you do so after you have had at least 9 to 12 years of experience.
- Number of Questions – Core 2 examinations can contain a maximum of 90 questions. Although this number is high, it is not uncommon for an examination to have all 90 questions. The exam will usually contain 70 to 80 questions. The exams are linear in nature. Candidates are permitted to move back and forth during the exam, mark questions and items, or change answers. If there is sufficient time, candidates will be able review each question after they have finished.
- Questions Types – There will be a wide variety of questions on the examination. Multiple choice questions are the most popular type of question. Candidates will need to select the correct answer to the given questions. Drag and drop questions as well as performance-based questions are another type of question. You will often find performance-based questions at the beginning of an examination.
- Core 2 Examination Duration – The Core 2 examination is 90 minutes long, just like Core 1. You will be given an hour and a quarter for each examination. You should make sure to use your time well and not waste it on questions that you aren’t confident about. After you’ve completed the exam and answered any questions that you feel confident about, you can return to them. Candidates who finish the test earlier may want to go over their work and make sure they did not make any errors. You should note that it is possible to take both the written and oral exams on the same day. However, this is not recommended.
- Passing scores: Core 2 exam passing score is 700 on a scale from 100 to 900. This is 75% of the exam that must be passed. Many candidates take practice exams to improve their chances of passing the CompTIA 1002 exam.
Prepare to take the CompTIA 1002A+ Exam
Be prepared before you step foot in the testing center. Failure to prepare is the same as failing to prepare. This is a great motto to remember when you are getting ready for the CompTIA core 2 exam.
Exam preparation should include reviewing all exam objectives and understanding the content. It is a good idea to practice the exam after you have read all of your study materials. It doesn’t matter if you need questions about software troubleshooting, operational procedures, mobile devices networking or virtualization, cloud computing. Recognize which practice questions are most difficult.
Although it is possible to prepare yourself for the exam on your own, you will need to do a lot more trial and error if you are new to the IT industry. To ensure that they have the necessary skills and knowledge to pass the exam, many opt to enroll in professional training and certification courses. Comprehensive training programs give you a thorough overview of the material and all the knowledge, tips, and tricks that will help you pass the exam. It is a good idea to take a few practice exams before you go. This will help you to understand what areas you may need to study.